Monday, September 24, 2018

Just what the hell is going on!!!?????

Man....lots.

Clinical:

Starting out with clinical information.
I continue to be "minimized and stable".
I take Xalkori 2 times a day and it continues to do the job.
This will continue to be the course of things until there is a change.
All of my treatment will continue to be at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
Blood work every six weeks.
CT Scans every 3 months.
Brain MRI every 9 months.


What Else?

Had a great holiday season with the family.
Shredded on my snowboard ALOT.
Went to Supercross in San Diego.
Went to Harmony Hill Cancer Retreat Center
Stopped drinking Alcohol Feb 20th
Went to Jackson Hole. Click Here for Video Edit
Raced my Ebike at Sea Otter.
Celebrated 3 years of Survivorship May 7.
Regina became the Elementary Vice President of the Washington School Counselors Association
Isabella graduated.
I started The Hold Fast Project.
Went to Boston to see my brother take over as Base Commander.
Saw Foo Fighters at Fenway.

I seemed to have turned a corner in the last 7-8 months.
I have found a way to effectively manage my side effects so I feel better physically.
Bouts of depression have been minimal.

I am sure that eliminating alcohol has had an effect on how I feel.

The dismal 5 year survival statistic of 3% hangs over my head, but I am really starting to lean into the fact that I might be around for awhile.
I know I have said this from the beginning but now I am really starting to believe it.

In the interest of moving forward.....

I have been accepted into a program known as A Fresh Chapter
This organization organizes trips for Cancer survivors and patients to do international volunteerism.
In November I will be traveling to Lima, Peru to volunteer at a school with my group.
Additionally we will have the chance to visit Macchu Picchu.
There are several things that intimidate me about this trip:
Application: The process started last February, this was way outside of my planning comfort zone.
Cost: The program is expensive but I was able to raise all of the funds through my amazing network.
Travel: I don't travel well anymore, 12 hours on a plane is a lot for anybody, but this is gonna be hard.
Family:  I know how hard it is for Regina and the kids when I am away.
Anxiety:  Sometimes I am overcome with anxiety, one trigger is being away from my family.

These are all things that I either can, or have overcome.
I can do this.
It pencils out in my Time, Energy, Resource model.
It will be hard in some cases and it will stretch me, but the cost/benefit will work out in my favor.

The Hold Fast Project:

"The Hold Fast Project's mission is to turn my cancer experience into something positive while providing a service to others through inspiration, education, and advocacy."

We are looking at the prospect of launching a non-profit to help fulfill those goals.

Keep your eye on the social medias:
The Hold Fast Project Intagram
The Hold Fast Project Facebook Page
Website launching soon thanks to help from Redcloud Consulting

Well that is a fair amount of catching up.

I am a Warrior.
I am a Thrivor.
I am the Exception.
I choose the Miracle.

Thanks for catching up with me.

Warm Regards,
Jim

Here are some fun photos:

Good Times in the Mpountains

Jackson Hole

Bike Racin' at Sea Otter

Giving cancer the finger on my 3 year survivorship anniversary

Isabella's graduation

My brother the "Skipper"

Foo Fighters at Fenway


















No comments:

Post a Comment